Saturday, January 27, 2018

Squee

Round 2: November 2002
Donnie Bishop is 21, Curt Wool is 16

Curt never anticipated it being so lonely out in Strangetown. They didn't want to get close to anyone for fear of being found out. The paperwork to be emancipated hadn't gone through yet. It was projected to go through next month before he was officially an adult. "I want a puppy babe." Curt said over his guitar playing. "Uh, I don't know about that. What do you really need a puppy for?"
"I'm lonely. You work a lot, which I know is to support us and I thank you, but I get lonely here and I just want a puppy."
For some odd reason the conversation escalated to something it shouldn't have. Donnie had been drinking, it was thanks day after all, and went on a car ride to clear his mind. 

Unbeknownst to Donnie, Curt already had an appointment with the adoption agency to see a new puppy.  He ended up adopting the dog and naming him Squee but his happiness was interrupted when he got a phone call. "Hello?" "Hey baby. Uhm I need you to grab my wallet and come down to the police station." That was the scariest phrase Curt had ever heard. He grabbed the wallet and his keys and raced out to the car. 

Everything was a okay. Donnie just had to pay a 1000 dollar fine for driving drunk. "Don't you ever scare me like that again Donnie!" Curt kissed Donnies cheek. "I promise. That was just as scary for me." Just then Donnie heard a small bark, "You went behind my back and got the damn dog didn't you!" Curt gave a sly smile, "But babe, look at him. For real."

Curt looked the dog over and instantly fell in love. "I guess we can keep him." Curt jumped up and down with a huge grin on his face. "Oh thank you! Thank you baby."

The rest of November was uneventful for the Bishop-Wool household. Squee played a lot and was an overall really great puppy. He also soon became Donnies' best friend. 

Notes:
  • That 1,000 dollar fine hurt my soul lol. They really don't have much money and Curt can't even get a job until next month. 
  • We get closer to 2003 which means everyone ages up a year and I am excited about that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment