Thursday, December 21, 2017

May 8th: What a cowinkidink.

Johnson Family
Mayor Residence/Blessings Midwifery 
October 1, 2000
Cheyenne is 23, Steven is 24, Munchkin is 1

It was the day of my appointment, enough time had passed that the test should come out definite. I was nervous and I couldn't tell you why, this wasn't my first time but hopefully it would be my last. I didn't want to be older with young children! I wanted to actually enjoy retirement. 

I arrive 30 minutes early like I was told but Dr. Ram saw me right away, perks of being mayor. 
Dr. Ramwasmi: Well Madam Mayor, you are pregnant. From what I've seen you appear to be 1 day shy of a week. That puts your due date on or around May 8th. 
Dr. Ramwasmi chuckles to himself.
:That means you will be having this baby the same day you had you son, very rare.
I share his smiles and laughs, rare indeed, like the fact that I was pregnant. What the fuck was birth control for if it didn't work?
Cheyenne: When would be the right time to talk about a permeant solution to never getting a pregnant again?
Dr, Ramwasmi looked shocked, which shocked me. He should of seen this coming, I was very clear that I didn't want kids after getting pregnant in my last few months of college with Munch. I was careless but that all changed and I went on birth control that seemed to have failed me. Dr. Ramwasmi was still quiet which was plucking my nerves.
Dr. Ramwasmi: I could take your uterus out but that is a very dangerous thing to do so soon after a baby, and now two. 
I roll my eyes. 
"Do what you have to do!"
We agree to discuss it further as my due date gets near, I think he is hoping I will chicken out but I have never been scared of anything in my life. I leave feeling a tad better that this won't happen again. 


On my way out the door Lora walks in.
C: Hey hunnie, Oh you're pregnant as well?
Lora smile and nods. She looks excited to go through this for a 5th time. Something is seriously wrong with that woman. 
L: I am, due May 6th! I don't feel so early since I look like a whale. 
C: What a strange cowikidink. I am due on the 8th of that month and if you're a whale what the hell am I?
Giggles and chatter were had before my nanny sent me a text letting me know my mother had just gotten to the house and she would be heading out shortly. I wave bye to Lora, we were becoming fast friends and I was okay with it. 

C: Mommy! I have some news that will excite you!
Lisa: Oh, what's that baby?
C: I am pregnant!
My mom jumps up and down before pulling me into a tight hug. She loved Munch with all her heart and was excited at the thought of becoming a grandparent for the second time.
L: How far along are you! I would of never guessed, you look great. 
C: You are too kind but you couldn't tell the first time. I am 4 days along now and I am due on May 8. 
L; What a strange cowikidink. 
C: THAT'S WHAT I SAID.
The talking is cut short by my sister getting off the bus in front of my house. It was often now a days that she came here after school instead of going home. I know it had to be lonely in that apartment by herself while my mom was at work. 

C: Hey baby, come here I gotta tell you something. 
I fill her in on my pregnancy which gets her excited and then the real gossip begins. My sister met someone, she won't tell me who but so far they get along so great. 

Before too long my mom ushers my sister out of my hair claiming I must be tired and babies. The minute they leave I grow sad, I miss them already. Even though they live across the river, if I had it my way they would be my neighbors, I miss living with them and being crazy with them all the time. 

SJ: No mommy, I don't wanna go inside. Play!
I roll my eyes at my bratty but incredibly cute son. 
C: Fine, 30 more minutes out here and then it is inside. It will be getting really cold shortly and mama has to start dinner. 

I watch my son hoot and holler on his horse for another 40 minutes waiting for my husband to get home. I was getting anxious to tell him the news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment