Friday, December 8, 2017

Kiss de girl

Moon University
Round 1: September 1-2 2000 (Fall)
Haylee French is 18, Alex Shaw is 18


Narrated by Alex

Her dancing was atrocious but that was part of what made her amazing.

I  try to hide my laughter behind dancing myself.

It didn't work needless to say.
Haylee: I know you were laughing at me! Not everyone can have amazing dance skills Alex. Also I'm pretty sure that girl was laughing too. 
Alex: Awh, Hal it's no biggie. You are the cutest ugly dancer ever.
That probably wasn't the best comment because she storms off. 

I find her downstairs on the computer looking for majors. She went with Mathematics which was shocking because she wanted to be a natural scientist, what the hell does Math have to do with science. 

I head to the café to give her some space. The café guy, Jim, was really cool about me going through the fridge. We're going to be great friends. 

I quickly got bored with the Café guy so I made my way into the computer room. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life like Haylee did. I, instead, just choose a random major. 

She was still mad at me but I was forming a plan as I sat there studying Mechanical. I often question why I chose Art as my major when Tinkering is my hobby and I will probably just be a mechanic like my dad. Don't tell Haylee but I only went to college for her.

No other woman could compare to Haylee. They way she laughed, danced, talked, breathed. I could watch her all day. I must admit I'm in love. 

I watch the fishes swimming around the tank trying to get the courage to talk to her. She is still mad at me but I know it's not serious. 

I walk up behind her and clear my throat.
Alex: Hal, are you still mad at me?
She ignores me and I know I've gotta do something drastic. 

As she gets up to leave the room I take her hand and kiss it.  She fake swoons and I know our fight is over. 

That night I finally gained the courage to make a move. She accepted the kiss and my whole life changed.




No comments:

Post a Comment