Saturday, December 30, 2017

Young Love

Hill Family
Top Notch Apartments/ Greener Gardens
October 3-4, 2000
Lisa is 49, Shayna is 15


I couldn't believe I was going to be an aunt again. I loved my nephew so much but I was hoping my sister had a little girl. The new baby was all my mom could talk about and though, like I said I'm excited, I ain't that excited. 

I call that special guy I told my sister about, Ricky. He is so handsome and so sweet, the only bad thing is I am a year older then him but honestly he is so smart and mature it doesn't even matter. 

My mom leaves for work and I am so thankful Ricky is here. It gets lonely in this big house by myself.
Ricky: So, she just leaves you all alone? Like all the time?
I nod my head and quickly change the subject I don't want him to see how sad it makes me. 
Shayna: Yeah, but I mostly take the bus to my sisters house. 
Ricky: Kayla?
Shayna: Ew, god no, the Mayor. My big sister. 
Rickys eyes grow wide, it shocked everyone that my older sister was the mayor. People started treating me different after they found out so I stopped telling them but I trusted Ricky. 

Ricky: So let me get this straight, your big sister is the mayor of Moon Island?
I giggle to myself, he was so cute when he was surprised. 
Shayna: Yes Ricky, but don't worry she doesn't use her mayor powers for bad. She is actually a really great person and wants to see this town flourish into something really great. 
Ricky: I can see that. So far she has been doing amazing. She redid the highschool and is figuring a way to connect us to downtown easier and faster. In 4 years I'll be able to vote and I think I am going to vote for her. 
I become prideful of my sister then. She completed her dreams and it made me feel like I could do anything.

Ricky left shortly after our lunch and I sat down to find a job. I was so close to 16, plus I had excellent grades, that I could intern at the sim intelligence until I turned 16 and then start getting paid but only if my internship worked out. I was so pleased with life right now. Sim Intelligence was downtown in the mountains but they would have a carpool come pick me up so it didn't matter that I hadn't taken my driving exam yet. 

Ricky texted me later that night to tell me that all the kids from school were at the park, I lived next door to the park so I hightailed it over their quickly. I spot my younger sister and Ricky chit chatting.
Shayna: Tryna come for my man?
Kayla: I don't even like boys!
I laugh as I let my younger sister up. I love messing with her so much. Ricky walks off with a few friends but Curt stays around. Kayla and Curt are really close, they are in the same grade. Where one is you can bet your ass another is close by.  

I spot Ricky by the poker table, I never played before but I really wanted to learn. Ricky told me he would teach me another time. He was on his way out and pulled me into a hug. I really really like him and gathered my courage to do something I never thought I would do first.

I leaned in for a kiss. To my surprise and happiness he kissed me back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment