Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Birthday Wishes and Double Shifts

Moon University
September 9-10 2000
Alex is 19, Haylee is 18

It was Alex birthday but instead of celebrating he was trying to scrap enough money together to buy Haylee the ring he thought she deserved. He was going to do it, one thing he learned about Haylee in this week and 2 days was she never gave the outcome you thought. 

Haylee was downstairs getting some pancakes wondering where her boyfriend was. Since he asked her out they spent every waking moment together and they had a routine. Him not being here was making her a little worried. 

Haylee was so close to banging down his door when she spots him come down the stairs. They settle on the couch like always for a little woohoo and cuddles. 
Alex: You look so beautiful today.
Haylee smiled at him, he told her that every single morning but she never grew tired of hearing it. 

Haylee: I love you.
Haylee said quietly. Alex never knew his bestfriend to be quiet and since they had started dating she was even less quiet. 
It was at that moment that Alex realized he was in love with Haylee.
Alex: I love you more beautiful. 
Haylee: What do you want to do for your birthday hunnie?
Alex: Lets go to the café by our dorm. We are super low on funds but I just want a coffee for my birthday. 
Haylee smiled at Alex, he was so low key. Always has been.. 

Off to the café they went, Haylee ordered the coffee but noticed Alex didn't seem to be paying attention to anything she was saying. Upon turning around she soon found out why, when she turned around to see a naked woman standing behind her she let out an eep. 

Alex and Haylee abandon the coffee idea and sit in the furthest corner away from the streakier. Haylee was rambling about her schedule  but Alex wasn't paying attention. 
Alex: Haylee, shut up and marry up.. I mean me.  

Haylee started hyperventilating. 
Haylee: Marry you? Really?
Alex: Yes Hal, Really. 

Haylee: Can I look at the ring before I answer?
Alex: Seriously? You know what does bra size matter?

Haylee: Kind of but you have no need to worry. It is beautiful and you know me very well because this is my dream ring so Yes I Will Marry you! Oh and by the way, no douche it doesn't matter. 

Alex lets out his breath he didn't know he was holding in. 
Alex: Haylee Meghan French, you scared the SHIT out of me.
Haylee giggled like a maniac. 
Haylee: I know but that's what you get. This is suppose to be your day and you propose to me? I've got to teach you to be more selfish. 

They ended up getting kicked out of the café so they took their party back to the dorms but it was cut short when the first bills of the semester came. Alex forgot all about it and they didn't have the money to cover it. 

Alex didn't want to worry Haylee or make her think she had to give the ring back so he lied and said he had to study for a diesel test and ran upstairs to make some money. 

But after hours of work and only making 80 bucks he realized he needed to come clean to Haylee and get some help.
Alex: Babe, I have some bad news. 
Haylee looks up from her pancakes with a confused look on her face. 
Haylee: With what baby? I don't know anything about cars I can't help you. 
Alex: No, the bills came in but I spent all of our money on your ring. We have 128 dollars to our name but the bills are 453. I've been working all night and got 80 bucks, but this needs to be paid by tonight.
Haylee gets upset. 
Haylee: Do I have to give the ring back!
Alex: No! I just need you to work a double at the café. We only need 245 dollars and if you work a double that would give us another 100 bucks and I can come up with 145.
Haylee nods, she is so relieved she doesn't have to give the ring back. 

Haylee didn't have class for some time so she talks to Jim about a double shift and he agrees. 100 bucks here she comes. To bad it wouldn't be spent on clothes or shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment